Friday, February 10, 2006

Climbing the walls

I've gotta tell you, the big people around here have been mighty excited lately. I think it has something to do with me (as usual). I've been experimenting with my vocabulary and I finally got a word to pop out, "dog." Though when I say it, it sounds like "gog," but Mom and Dad must know what I mean because they get all happy and clappy. It's certainly not the first word I've thought, but the first one I've been able to wrap my mouth around.

I'm discovering lots of other new things as well. I think it's because I've got new perspective...especially when I stand on the couch. You can see a lot more stuff from up there, have you ever tried it? Mom and Dad only use the couch for sitting, but climbing up and standing is way more fun. Of course Mom's not quite as pleased as I am with my climbing abilities.

And just this week I learned a new trick with stairs...Mom calls it the Zaya-shimmy-shake. Whenever I get close to the stairs, I turn around, flop down on my belly and wiggle down the stairs. Sure, I could probably just walk down like anybody else, but what fun would that be? Plus, it's worth it to see the proud faces on the parents.

Not to mention, I have a very unique reputation to live up to, y'know. I am, after all, a preemie schmeemie.

No comments: