Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Out and About

In a bold attempt to maintain the image of parental control, Mom and Dad decided to take me out today...without the stroller. That's right, nothin' between me and the cold, hard ground by my own two legs. It was kinda cute, actually. You see, the parental units believe that they run the show, so they get these funny little ideas in their heads like, "let's go to IKEA." But it doesn't take long for anyone to figure out who really wears the pants around here (even if they are a little bulky around the rear).

This was my first trip to the big blue box known as IKEA. Apparently, Mom and Dad have been there before and were just there today for some "window shopping." Oddly enough, I did not see one window for sale there. While they walked around looking at couches and tables and funny picture frames with names like "RAMMA," I was paying close attention to those big arrows on the floor. As a matter of fact, I made it my goal to touch each and every one. I would have been successful too, if Mom hadn't gotten in my way. She kept talking about how dirty the floo
r is, how many people walk there...blah, blah, blah.

I guess Mom and Dad figured out that there weren't any windows to be bought because we left there and headed to a new place. I had no idea where we were going and wasn't particularly interested. Little did I know we were going to a very special place. Yes folks, there is a little piece of heaven right here on earth and it's called the lighting section at Lowe's. I've never seen so many ceiling fans in my life! All those lights, and the spinning...I get excited just thinking about it. We had to pause so I could take it all in.

After my adventurous day out, I was pretty exhausted. But as soon as we got home, I started formulating a plan to get back to those fans. I figured out that if I break something around the house, we'll have to go back to buy some stuff for repairs.

I will pause while you admire my genius.

No comments: