Wednesday, October 15, 2008

...and eat it too.

Mom says I'm a "miracle." I don't remember all that well, but apparently I faced a lot of challenges pretty early on. As she tells it, I was born two months early and had to spend my first few weeks outside of the belly in the hospital. She says babies are supposed to grow inside their moms (which is a wacky concept to begin with!) for nine months so that they're fully developed and healthy and ready to meet the world.

But I beg to differ. I mean, look at me! Do I look any worse for the wear? The way I see it, I must have been ready. As far as I'm concerned, four years ago today, I got wise to the fact that I was missing a lot just swimming around in that belly and I decided it was time to make a move. See some sights. Live a little.

And just look at me now! I can jump backwards on the trampoline in gymnastics class! I can pick up piles of dirt with my dumptruck and move them to...uh...other piles of dirt! I can read tons of words, I can sing, and I'm an excellent dancer. Oh, and Nana called yesterday to tell Dad that she saw my Target commercial on TV during Oprah!

So I say I'm doin' alright. Four years ago today was the perfect time for me to make my grand entrance. Besides, I'm anything but typical. Mom says I look for the hardest way to do t
hings, so I guess I've just been a challenge seeker since day one. As a matter of fact, today, on my birthday, I decided I can squeeze in a commercial shoot for Google and FirstBook on my way out to Disneyland! I think the line that Dad's been teaching me is appropriate for this situation..."That's just how I roll, kids."

Life is good, folks. God's been watching out for me every step of the way. And from what Mom and Dad tell me, so have all of you. I'm a lucky guy to have such great friends. So thanks for making my first four years such a blast. And stay tuned...Mom says we never know what surprises are in store. Exciting stuff, huh?

Now if you'll excuse me, I've gotta get started on my day. Don't wanna keep the big mouse waiting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Zaya! You are four--amazerin' that is what you are..our blessing from the Lord. I remember praying with your Mommy for God to give us a perfect baby...and He did! Wow. What a wonderful God He is to give us such a gift.
We enjoyed our celebration today...lots of food, fun, and family...we continue celebrating every day, every moment that we have you to enjoy! God is good, all the time! Amen!

Anonymous said...

happy belated, zaya!!! i too think you turned out alright! hope you had an awesome time @ d-land.