Friday, December 02, 2005

Turkey and stuffing and legs...oh my!

First things first...let's have a moment of silence for Bob the pumpkin. Here I thought Mom had just put him away somewhere safe until next Halloween. He was, in fact, "disposed of." I don't really know what that means, but it just sounds ominous. Mom tried explaining to me that I'll get to go back to the pumpkin patch next year and pick out a new pumpkin, but I wasn't hearing it. There will never be another Bob. Maybe a Joe, or possibly a Bill, but Bob was one-of-a-kind.

Now, onto the next holiday report. I trust you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. While this was technically my second Thanksgiving, I basically slept right through my first, so this year had a lot of new experiences for me. Auntie Rachel slept over at our place and fed me my morning cereal. This was a very relaxed and pleasant dining experience. Let's just say Mom sometimes moves faster than my mouth can keep up.

After breakfast, Dad, Mom, Auntie and I sprawled out across the living room to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Why didn't someone tell me about this before? All that music and dancing, not to mention those amazing balloons. It was like a party for my senses. And then, I saw them...like a dream, they came to me. The Radio City Rockettes. I couldn't take my eyes off the TV. Wow. That's just about all I can say. WOW.

In the afternoon, we headed over to Nana & Papa's house for the big meal. Up to this point, a big meal for me has consisted of two jars of mush instead of just one. But on Thanksgiving, I got to eat it all...turkey and stuffing, peas and smashed tatoes. It was great. It was a meal fit for a king (or a charming prince, like me).

And I don't know what they put in that food, but pretty soon I started to get really sleepy and had to take a nap. Dad said it had something to do with "trip-toe-fan," whatever that means. I didn't see anyone trip over anything, and why would that make me tired? Sometimes I'm not too sure about those parents of mine.

Anyhow, it was a great way to kick off the holiday season and I'm starting to understand why people get so excited about this time of year. It's cold outside, but warm feelings are all around. There's a lot of color and good food, family and friends. We have so much to be thankful for. And I have a feeling each year will be more amazing than the last.

Especially with those Rockettes. WOW.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep. Zaya loves his women.