Thursday, July 06, 2006

Hot Fun in the Summertime

Here's what you've waited for all winter, folks. You wanted it, you got it. Me in my swimsuit! Aww, yeah. It's the season for bare skin and waterplay, and I'm game for both. Grandma Aida got me this cool "splish splash" pool, which as you can tell is no ordinary water toy. But then again, I'm no ordinary guy.But summer is about much more than just water. Take a look here, for example. The park has all this neat stuff that you can climb up and slide down. I used to think it was just grass and trees. Maybe Mom and Dad thought I was too little for all the playground stuff. As you can see, that's certainly not the case.Another great thing about summer is that there are lots of opportunities to get together with other kids. The Folks recently took me to something called "StoryTime." I overheard them talking about it ahead of time, apparently Mom, Dad and this "story time" thing go way back. There was this lady who sang silly songs and read some books and made funny faces. But for me it was all about the kids, man. A guy's gotta have friends, and this was a good place to find 'em.

So if you've been loungin' around the house, take my advice. Get out there, get active. There's a huge world to see.

And who knows, you just might catch a glimpse of me in my swim trunks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This kid should be hired as the official "take a break from the beach" greeter.