Friday, July 21, 2006

Life's a Beach

That's right, I said BEACH! Why didn't anyone ever tell me about this place before? WOW! There's sun and water and, my personal favorite, sand. I know you're dying to ask and the answer is yes. I'm not ashamed to admit that I took a taste of sand. C'mon, you know we've all done it. But if you're anything like me, you only tried it once. Not so tasty.

Whenever the weather seems intolerable inside the house, the folks and I head for the shore. I was a little worried at first because that water can be pretty loud. Sometimes it sounds like it's coming to swallow me up, so I have to keep a safe distance. Mom and Dad both gave it their best shot, gettin' me in that water. Mom was pretty sneaky, she was holding my arms, letting me jump up and down. Then next thing I know, my feet are wet! I quickly said no thanks and headed back to my spot on the sand. I just don't know what that woman is thinking, sometimes.

Dad says he thinks I'm destined for a career in demolition. He was trying to build something called a "sand castle" but I kept knocking it down. I couldn't help it, the sand was calling to me. It wanted me to dig it up and smash it down, I swear.


What's great about summer is that you are not limited to daytime beach trips. Sometimes Mom will pack a picnic dinner and we'll head to the park just above the beach. It's pretty neat to watch Mr. Sun go to bed in the ocean. I never knew that that's where he sleeps.
As you can imagine, the beach is a popular place this time of year. I can sure see why. It's kinda like escaping to a different world. I don't have to think about all those stress factors, like putting my toys away or getting my diaper changed. Blech...who needs that? I'd much rather drift off in Dad's arms, listening to the waves.

As long as we don't get too close.

No comments: