Thursday, December 04, 2008

Would You Like Fries With That?

It's been pretty exciting around our house lately. Mom got a call from the agency about an audition for a McDonald's commercial! I was ready to hop in the car immediately, I thought for sure Ronald McDonald himself would be waiting for me. After Mom explained that Ronald wouldn't be there and that it didn't involve an all-you-can-eat french fry buffet, I decided I could wait until the next day to see what it was all about.

Getting to the audition was quite an adventure. Thankfully me and Froggy had the back seat to ourselves while Mom and Dad attempted to navigate Hollywood. It was a pretty close call but after a couple of phone calls to the agency and some "discussions" between Mom and Dad, we finally found the place. We waited awhile and made friends with some of the other kids that were waiting. Then when it was my turn, I jumped up and headed into the audition room with Billy, who was standing in as my TV Dad. Everybody seemed pretty happy with me and before we left, Billy told Mom, "He's done this before, I can tell. He was smooth." Was there ever any doubt?

A few days after the audition, the agency called Mom and said that I was "on hold" and they wanted to check my schedule. I remembered some of this kind of talk from the Target commercial. Mom seemed to handle that one pretty well so I left all the details in her capable hands. Right after Thanksgiving, we got the call that I was booked! There was new talk this time about this being a "union job." I don't really know what that means, but Mom and Dad were pretty excited about it.

The day of the shoot involved a lot more waiting around. Mom, Dad and I sat on the couch watching all the actors and actresses for the commercial come in and try on lots of clothes. We thought I was going to have to do the same thing, but it turned out all they needed me to do was stand in front of a green screen and take pictures. And I was ready for them! I did really well...until I noticed the big, cool Christmas tree of lights on top of the Capitol Records building. You can't blame me for being distracted by that.

No news yet on when the commercial will air or where you'll see my picture in it. But I'll have my people call your people when we have details.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

granny can hardly keep up with this cool kid...God is so good to little Zaya and his fans...(his family).
nana loves you more than you know--