Tuesday, October 11, 2005

T Minus Four Days...

...and counting. It's almost here. I'm turning one. As you saw from a previous post, I watched it happen to my buddy Trenton, but I don't think I really "got it." This is huge. Not only because I'm growing and accomplishing so many things, but frankly, because of the boxes.

Yep, you heard right. Apparently birthdays are all about the boxes. The other day this nice man dressed in brown brought a big box to our house with my name on it. It was from Nana and Pampy in Portland. I was thrilled, I mean one whole big box just for me?
And then, much to my surprise, mom opened the box and inside were more boxes! These ones individually wrapped in bright colored paper. How does a guy get this lucky?

Mom has been all giddy lately talking about how she can't wait for my birthday "Barbie-Q" on Sunday so I can open 'em. I don't understand that at all. Why would I want to open the boxes? I love them, just as they are.

Unless...wait a minute...could it be? Is it possible that maybe inside these boxes are even MORE boxes? Wow, now I'm really excited. I can't even think about it. It's too much for me. I need a moment.

Let's just pretend that I never had that thought.

(Hee-Hee!)

No comments: