Sunday, October 02, 2005

Auntie Papa

It was a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Yesterday, after my morning cereal, I went with Mom and Dad to "run some air-rands" (I don't really know what that means - we basically drove around to a bunch of places and didn't stay at any of them very long. I didn't get it.). The weather is cooling down again, so we had some nice breezes.

Then we got home and had another family visit. Auntie Papa and Tres came over to practice singing with Dad. They said they're getting ready for a special service on October 15th. (Yes, that is my birthday as well, but I told them I was willing to share it with Sister and all of the other special little babies - click here and you'll see why).

Anyhow, you're probably wondering about this Auntie Papa person. Well take a look. I had to do a double take myself the first time I saw her because she looks just like my Papa, but a girl version. I thought they were twins, like the little ones I remember from the NICU who looked so much alike, but Dad says no. They're just brother and sister, like me and Sister.

The day took a turn when Dad and Tres were singing this one song. It seemed to have magical powers over me because I couldn't keep from falling asleep. I really tried, but something about this song made my eyes slam shut. I overheard Mom saying something about keeping this CD in my room for bedtime. Unfortunately, I think I've already lost the battle because the past two nights I've slept in my crib the whole night through. And that was without that magic song.

I guess my Auntie Wendy was right...I have met my match(es). These Mom and Dad people are smarter than I thought.

Excuse me while I go revise my plan for world domination.

No comments: