Thursday, September 29, 2005

Times they are a-changin'

Here's a picture of Dad and me in happier times. Before the mutiny. There's a power struggle going on in this house and I don't think I like it very much. Up til now, things have been the way they should be - I'm the cute one and everyone loves to look at me and see all the new things I can do, therefore, I've been in the driver's seat. But for some reason Mom and Dad are trying to change up the rules on me.

So what if I like to be comfortable. Is that a crime? I'm sure you do, too. I had been sleeping in the big, cozy bed but you heard about all of my base-jumping adventures, so you know how that turned out. Then Dad started blowing up these inflatable mattresses that we slept on in the living room. Those were soft and I could sleep pretty much all night there, with one of my parents next to me. Plus it made it convenient to wake up and watch Little Bill. But there have been whisperings lately that this arrangement isn't working out for everyone. Something about backs hurting and stuff. So out of nowhere last night, I was blindsided when they put me in my CRIB! Can you imagine? Expecting me to sleep in my own bed, in my own room that is set up and decorated just for me? The nerve of these people.

Well, I certainly wasn't going to go down without a fight. So I let 'em have it at full vocal capacity for a good four hours. And would you believe that no one came to rescue me! I had to be screaming loud enough for even Papa to hear me from his house, but he didn't come either. That's when I knew they weren't only trying to challenge me, they think they can WIN. I couldn't let that happen, I mean, I have a reputation to uphold. But apparently my body does not have the stamina that my mind does because I found myself reduced to a slobbery, sniffling heap and that's the last thing I remember.

I overheard Mom and Dad talking about how they have to keep this up for a couple of weeks to "break" me. Frankly, I don't know who they think they are. The Mighty Zaya will not be broken!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The "Mighty Zaya" MAY have met his match(es)!