Monday, September 05, 2005

Hermosa Beach, 90254

Big weekend, here. Summer's coming to a close, kids are headed back to school (except for me, of course). And from what I understand, Labor Day is everybody's last ditch effort to get out into the sun and squeeze every last drip of summer into a cold beverage and a hot dog.

Mom, Dad and I spent Labor Day at something called "Fiesta Hermosa." From what I can gather, "fiesta" translates directly in English to "crowded." There were tons of people, most wearing very little (and some should have been wearing much more). I don't think my parents realize that when I'm in my stroller, I am riding directly at butt level, so it's not so enjoyable in a crowd.

We did see lots of neat stuff, though. There were all these booths with artists selling their paintings, sculpture and some stuff that could only be loosely classified as "art." Of course Mom spent the day running from one jewelry booth to the next, collecting business cards. (I think she was secretly trying to get away with working on Labor Day...I'll have to have a talk with her about that). I don't know if I quite understand art, yet. I think I need to do some more research. I saw some things today that I could have made myself, so maybe I'm an artist, huh?

Heard from Uncle Chaka. He arrived in New Zee-land safely. He said he went to KFC to eat and they call their french fries "chips." Those crazy Zee-folk. Uncle didn't mention anything about the flying Z's, though. Maybe he's waiting to surprise me by bringing one home.


Godspeed, Chaka. I'll hold down the beach while you're gone.

No comments: