Thursday, September 01, 2005

I'm a bleeder

That's what the nurse lady said at Dr. Sergis's office today. She said this after she poked me in the finger and this red stuff started coming out. I went through a few cotton balls but the red stuff wouldn't stop, so then Mom tried to put me in the sink and run water over my finger. What a mess. And all of this so they could check on the "He-Moe Goblins" in my blood. If I were those goblins I'd run and hide from that nurse lady. But apparently, they found the goblins and they're doing just fine.

Dr. Sergis said I weigh 22 pounds and 2 ounces now, and I'm 28 inches long. Mom told her about how I climb everything in sight. Dr. Sergis said I'm advanced (not like that's news to anyone). She also said that I can start eating "finger foods." That made me nervous...I would like to keep my fingers, thank you very much! Mom said she'll explain it to me later.

Before we left, I picked up some very useful information. Dr. Sergis was giving Mom some safety tips. She said at my age, kids can get into the toil
et and can even start to reach things up on counters. What a fool I've been, I've ignored the kitchen and bathroom all this time! Come to find out the toilet has some fun water to splash in. Now they tell me.

The next time I visit Dr. Sergis I'll be one year old. From listening to Mom talk, this is a pretty big milestone. Maybe by then I'll be able to walk without holding on to the furniture. That's sure to be my ticket to the toilet.

No comments: