Sunday, September 04, 2005

Relatively speaking

Families are interesting things. You've got the Mom and Dad, who seem to hang around all the time. Then you've got the Grandmas and Grandpas, who you don't get to see as often, but they're fun because they let you get away with much more than Mom and Dad. And then there's the others, like cousins and great-grandparents. I'm still trying to keep it all straight.

I don't know about you, but I have pretty cool Aunties and an Uncle. Some of my Aunties live up in Oregon, so I haven't had the chance to meet them yet. But I do get to spend lots of time with my Auntie Rachel. Well, until now. Mom told me that Auntie has to go back to school this week, so I won't get to play with her that much. I'm not sure what I think about this "school" business...sounds like it's gonna put a damper on things for me.



And then there's Chaka. Everyone else calls him Reuben, but I named him Uncle Chaka, so they just need to get with the program. I get to play with him a lot, too. But Mom and Dad said that tonight Chaka got on a big airplane and is flying to someplace called Ne
w Zee-land. Sounds pretty interesting. I imagine a colorful place with lots of letter Z's flying around. I sure hope he takes lots of pictures. He's supposed to stay for two weeks, so Nana's on her own with babysitting. Good luck, Nana...you'll need it.

I'm gonna go work on my standing and climbing. Wouldn't want the grandmas to get bored with me this week.

No comments: