Sunday, September 11, 2005

Backstage Pass

As I'm sure you've picked up from reading previous posts, I'm at the point in my life where I'm enjoying lots of firsts. Today was another one, and all I can say is, I hope there will be more like this one.

I had heard Mom and Dad talk about how we were going to some show, but I really didn't know what to expect. We drove up the hill to South Coast Botanic Gardens (my first time there). When we got to the entrance, this really nice lady had an envelope with tickets waiting for us. No waiting in line and no charge for the tickets. I knew then that this was a good day. The lady's name was Ronnie and apparently she's not only a friend of Mom and Dad, but she produced the whole show. Anyone who runs a company named Bubblerock is alright by me.

So we get inside and there's this huge grassy area with a stage set up and tons of kids running around. Man, this was exciting. I was itching for Mom to let me out of the stroller so I could get in on the action. We found a spot, set up our blankets and then Mom must have read my mind because she took her shoes off, took my socks off and away we went running through the grass. We walked by kids with soccer balls, kids blowing bubbles, everywhere...kids! It was like heaven.

Pretty soon, our friend Shirley came walking up to introduce us to (you'll never guess) the star of the show! Her name is Joanie Bartels and she sings and plays music for kids concerts all over the country. Joanie shook my hand and said she was happy to meet me. Dad told her it was my first concert ever, and she said she was honored that I was there (I think I'm in love). Mom said it was like we were VIP's, but I haven't figured out what that means.

I looked around and everyone had their picnic dinners out, so I decided to have a snack myself. Since Mom says I'm doing so well with my "self-feeding," she let me have an apple flavored Wagon Wheel. That really hit the spot and gave me some energy, which I would need plenty of during the show.








Next thing
I knew, the music was starting and there was my friend Joanie up on stage. She started off with a fun, fast song and Dad and I danced. The second song was my favorite because it was all about jumping (something I've recently mastered). Song after song had all the kids dancing and clapping, it was great.

After the last song, we went to say thank you to Joanie and she signed a photo for me...my first autograph. Could this day get any better?

I asked Mom if Joanie could come over to our house to play sometime. Mom said she didn't think so, cuz Joanie is so busy traveling and doing concerts. But she said it sure was a good idea because that lady is probably the only person who has the energy to keep up with me. I think I may be insulted by that comment. But I won't let her rain on my parade of firsts.

I'm just wondering, with firsts like this, where do I go to get seconds?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are right. You can get cuter and its happening everyday!