Sunday, January 04, 2009

Life moves fast...

...and I've got a new way to catch it!

Cameras are big in my house. Dad's a videographer (which seems to give him the green light to document, well, everything). Mom got her new camera last Christmas and carries it with her everywhere. I kinda felt like I needed to be in with the in-crowd. The parents must have picked up on it because Christmas Day made me the proud new owner of a Little Shots Digital Camera.

Mine looks a lot different from the other cameras in the house, but I've determined that Mom and Dad just haven't reached a high enough cool kid status to have purple and green stars on their cameras. Plus, my camera has these big blue shock-absorbing rubber handles! But Mom made me promise I wouldn't use it as a basketball, so that's out. She's such a killjoy sometimes.

Anyhow, there are so many interesting things to see in a day. For example...

The Tournament of Roses Parade

This roll of tape

My Darth Tater Potatohead

Today I tried to get some candid shots of Mom in the kitchen, but I think my heavy feet gave me away, cuz she caught me.Then she tried to help me "frame the shot," (as if I don't know what I'm doing) so I ended up with this:
I didn't have the heart to tell her I was trying to get a shot of her apron. I mean I love her face and all, but can't a guy have some artistic license around here?

I do owe Mom some credit though. While she was helping me, she managed to capture this:
What more can I say. I think the camera speaks for itself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

little "HAMsters" run in the family.
zaya does well in front of or behind the camera...multi-talented little fella. makes stel proud.