Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Mish Marsh

Nana said something once about how there's no grass growing up under the feet of the Pascuals. She said that means we don't stay in one place too long. We're always on the go, looking for new adventures and always ready to trying something new.

I'm glad she explained that because I had quite a bit of grass underneath me the other day when Dad took me to the Madrona Marsh. It was my second trip, but since the first one involved a nighttime tour with a guide who didn't even bring his own flashlight, I was basically seeing everything for the first time.

The marsh is this really cool place right in the middle of the city, but when you're there it feels like you're in the forest. I remember the tour guide saying that people come to the marsh for all kinds of reasons. To see birds, to shoot movies, to paint and to take pictures. That was all I had to hear! Dad must have felt the same way because he said we should both bring our cameras and see what interesting things we could find.

The first thing that interested me was this pair of red work gloves on the ground. I guess they had been left there by the people who help take care of the marsh. At first, Dad didn't think there was anything special about the gloves, but I quietly started snapping. Then he decided to help me "frame the shot." Just like Mom did a few weeks ago when I was working on my ceiling fan series. Ah, parents. They're so helpful sometimes it hurts!

Anyhow, Dad and I moved on. It was nice to just take a walk at our own pace and stop whenever we felt like it. The sun was out, it was quiet. Almost like we had run away and taken a vacation. We both took pictures of the trees and the water in the marsh. Of course, I tried to be a little more artistic than just shooting photos of tree after tree. I even got a few of the path we were walking on. Hey what can I say, I'm a deep guy.

Dad says we can go back to the marsh whenever we want. I like it there. I mean I don't want to live there or anything, but every once in awhile it might be nice to take a break from the hustle and bustle of gymnastics and the auditions and helping Mom with the chores and keeping up to date on all the latest DVD's. With all that going on, it's good to know a guy like me has a place he can go to unwind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nana has never been to the marsh. she will make it a point to go. you are a "deep" fellow and taking a picture of the path is a good idea. makes you remember where you have been and if you want to go that way again.....kind of like old pictures of when someone was a big fatso. that will scare the chiccharones out of your hand, or it should.