Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Everyday is my day

Yesterday was Dad's birthday. He turned 34 years old. I haven't quite figured out the concept of years yet, but near as I can tell, that's old. It was a Monday so he had to work, but he came home for his lunch break and didn't go back! If that's the way it works, maybe the whole getting a job thing isn't so bad.

Anyhow, I gave Dad a card that I made by myself (again, I'm the designer, mom does the manual labor). He had a hard time reading the envelope, for some reason. It can't be my penmanship...I think I write pretty well for an almost ten-month-old. Maybe he just needs glasses (I hear that's part of getting old).

After the card ceremony, we went to the mall because Mom and Dad each had a gift certificate that they had never used. Dad needed a few things so we figured we'd look around. We looked at things for the kitchen and the bathroom. They didn't look too enthusiastic about anything. I got tired and took a nap. When I woke up, there were two bags of clothes in my stroller and all of the clothes were definitely too small for Mom and Dad. So somehow I ended up with Dad's birthday gifts. He says that's the way it works when you have a kid.

I have to sign off now because my friends the hippos are ready to play with me and I hate to keep them waiting. Don't let the goofy smiles fool you, hippos can be SO temperamental.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This kid is brilliant!