Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Quiet Schmiet

Yesterday Mom and Dad took me to this place that was literally wall-to-wall books. I always thought there were a lot of books in my room, but this place that Mom called "the library" had WAY more. There were lots of people there, some sitting and reading, some studying at tables, some on the floor. But the main thing I noticed was that it was so quiet. Mom was afraid I'd blurt something out into the silence, but I decided to follow suit with everyone else. That is, until we got upstairs.

Upstairs had much more of what I was really interested in...other kids! There were signs everywhere that read "Quiet Zone" but far as I could tell, everyone was ignoring them. Sure there were lots of books, but of course I managed to locate the toys. I mean, I like a good story as much as the next guy, but I really like stuff that has pieces I can move around and parts that make clacking noises. There's nothing better.

I tried to make friends with a little girl at the library, but she was way too fast for me. I couldn't seem to make my legs go fast enough to catch up. Maybe this is what Dad means when he says that girls are always one step ahead of the boys.

Oh well. I can settle for clacking noises.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Such concentration. Little Zaya looks like his dada here...hooking up some speakers or putting wires somewhere--only God knows where.